Microsoft has released their plans for the 2020 Wave 1 release coming in April, you can see the full plan here.
As always, the plan covers the whole Dynamics 365 suite and so includes Customer Engagement, Finance and Operations and the one I’m most interested in – Business Central.
- Auto-insert recurring sales and purchase lines when creating a new document.
- Enhancements to sending customer and vendor documents, so that specific contact can be used for specific documents.
- Direct Debits are now linked to service orders and contacts.
- Receive more items than the quantity ordered.
- Improvements to bank reconciliation.
Modern Client enhancements
- Disable export to Excel as a user permission.
- Non-interactive printing.
- Enhanced mobile accessibility when switching orientation.
- Improved load times.
- Integrations with the common data service.
Key Dates for the 2020 Wave 1 release
|Release plans available||Jan 27, 2020||Learn about the new capabilities coming in the 2020 release wave 1 (April 2020 – September 2020) across Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform.|
|Early access available||Feb 3, 2020||Test and validate new features and capabilities that will be a part of the 2020 release wave 1, coming in April, before they get enabled automatically for your end users. You can view the Dynamics 365 2020 release wave 1 early access features now.|
|General availability||April 1, 2020|
You can see details of the Dynamics 365 plan here.
And the Business Central specific information here.
Just be mindful that not all the new functionality will be released in April but will be gradually released between April and September.
These new updates may seem small, but together they make a significant impact on the way users work. If you’re using Business Central in the cloud you don’t need to do anything – as the updates will happen automatically. If you’re still using Microsoft Dynamics NAV, you may want to consider upgrading – so you too can take advantage of the latest and greatest technology.
For more information about Business Central or the Dynamics 365 suite, contact us today. We’re happy to help.
BROWSE SIMILAR TOPICSApplications
ASK A QUESTION
Don’t have time to call? Send your enquiry to the Acora team and we’ll get back to you quickly.