Cyber Essentials Plus
CYBER ESSENTIALS PLUS
Cyber Essentials PLUS is the highest level of certification offered under the Cyber Essentials scheme.
Like the standard self-certification Cyber Essentials scheme, this extended certification also covers the 5 core areas of cyber security to protect businesses from the most common cyber attacks.
However the CE+ certification involves a more rigorous hands-on verification of an organisation’s cyber security systems. A series of tests and vulnerability scans are undertaken by our trained cyber security assessors to confirm that all controls declared in the Cyber Essentials self-assessment are implemented on your organisations network.
Guarding your Organisation
As a certification body, we support organisations to achieve a good baseline level of cyber security that meets the requirements of the schemes. Our security experts are accredited Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials PLUS Assessors, and can also act as consultants to help you achieve the certification.
Cyber Essentials PLUS helps you to guard your organisation against cyber attacks plus gives reassurance to your stakeholders that your organisation is serious about cyber security.
All organisations MUST have Cyber Essentials Verified Self-Assessed certification dated within 3 months prior to applying.
KEY CYBER ESSENTIALS PLUS TAKEAWAYS
- The cost of an assessment will depend on the size and complexity of your network.
- Assessment tests and vulnerability scans can be undertaken remotely or on-site.
- One of our assessors will often visit your head office, as well as a representative from your team to join in order to carry out the tests.
- If remediation of issues is required, you have 30 days to undertake to avoid resubmission fees.
- You will need to renew your certificate annually as it expires after twelve months.
AUTOMATIC CYBER LIABILITY INSURANCE
If you are unsure if your organisation has achieved the required standards for Cyber Essentials PLUS, Acora offers consultancy support to help you through the process:
1. Pre-Audit – We can perform a pre-audit of your network to ensure that all controls declared in Cyber Essentials self-assessment are implemented on your organisations network.
2. Identify Gaps – We gain an understanding of your current posture and identify any gaps.
3. Advice – Our experienced industry experts will advise and consult on best practices and any changes required to achieve certification.
4. Audit – Once we feel your organisation is ready we would then arrange the final audit, giving peace of mind that you will pass.
Key Cyber Essentials PLUS Benefits
- Demonstrate to your customers your commitment that you take cyber security seriously.
- Bid for Government, Ministry of Defence and NHS contracts.
- Confirmation that your defences will protect against most of the common cyber-attacks.
- Attract new business with the promise you have cyber security measures in place.
- Certification includes automatic cyber liability insurance for any UK organisation who certifies their whole organisation.